Thursday, March 5, 2009

An Update, and Belated February Recap

So i've been away from reading for a while (I know it's a shock).  Well I shouldn't say away from reading, but away from full novel reading and reviewing.  Instead, for the past two weeks i've been participating in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award (ABNA) program as an expert reviewer.  This basically meant that I had 12 days to read 40 10-page excerpts.  Phew!  It was a lot of work!  But I got exposure to some really interesting new fiction.  I encourage all of you to check out the contest when Amazon posts the finalists--they will be open for public reading and reviewing www.amazon.com/abna . 

And now, for my best book from February--even if it is a little bit late.  My pick is "Firefly Lane" which was totally a fluffy, chick lit tear jerker, but I totally devoured it and now I have Kristin Hannah's new book "True Colors" in my to be read pile.  From a more literary bent, I also enjoyed "Delicate Edible Birds" but short stories are always harder for me than full length novels.




No comments:

Post a Comment